Are you having Winter breakfast blues? Try my Black Forest Porridge its a quick and simple breakfast that’s so delicious and surprisingly healthy for you and you’ll be ready to face any blizzard.
- Oats (choose the quantity to suit you)
- Chia Seeds (1 heaped tablespoon)
- Milk (this can be Cow’s Milk, Almond Milk, Soya Milk etc)
- Pecan nuts (a handful)
- Cocoa nibs (1 Heaped tablespoon)
- Blackberries (1 large handful washed)
- Maple Syrup (a drizzle)
Pour your oats into a bowl, add the chia seeds and your selected milk. You want to have the oats completely submerged in the milk as the porridge will thicken and the Chia Seeds will expand. Either microwave for 2 mins or cook on the hob until its at the desired consistency. Add the blackberries, Cacao nibs and Pecan nuts. And lastly drizzle some Maple syrup over the top and voila you have a yummy healthy warm and filling breakfast.