We’ve all been there, stuck in a rut, it’s easily done. You don’t know how but your life has become this boring routine that you could probably complete with your eyes closed.
You get up, go to work, work hard and then come home and before you know it, its bed time. And then the next day starts all over again. You finally reach the golden Friday but your weekend flies by and you feel like you haven’t achieved anything meaningful.
Okay I will stop with the depressing story now, its far too melancholy. That is not how life is supposed to be. Life is meant to be lived to the full. Sometimes we get down or set in our ways but you must not settle for less than best. Push through that stale ‘I don’t want to do anything’ phase because…
Lets look at my 5 tips on how to Change Your Life (Lets fill it with Fun, Laughter and Excitement):
- Set your alarm a minute earlier for the next 60 days – The best thing about this is you won’t feel it as its a gradual process. Make sure as soon as your alarm rings that you get out of bed, open the curtains to let natural light in and have a good stretch. In sixty days time, you will be waking up an hour earlier than you are today, just think what you can achieve in that extra time you have given yourself!
- Plan, do, review – Successful people don’t bumble through life and you want to be successful right? Every week create an evaluation, a weekly review. In your review think about the following points: What did I achieve? What went wrong? Why did it go wrong? What went right? What do I want to accomplish next week?
- Connect with someone new – You must have heard the saying it’s not what you know but who you know. Try branching out, you never know where it might lead. Talk to a neighbour or passerby when you are walking the dog, follow someone new on Twitter and Instagram, comment on blogs and forums.
- Learn something new – Knowledge is power. My friend Tony is helping me learning guitar, I’m learning to sew as well as very slowly but surely learning a new language and I am constantly learning about blogging/social media – I am a busy bee. You don’t have to go to my extreme and juggle a dozen things, find that something that interests you and gives you a sense of excitement that you feel your life is currently lacking. Don’t put any pressure on yourself, have a playful attitude towards it and who knows what will come of it.
- Start a blog – Sharing ideas and talking about different subjects really helps you connect with your passions in life. Through blogging I end up doing a lot of learning, a ton of planning, so much connecting and that is how its helped to change my life around. Setting up a blog takes less than five minutes and the possibilities are endless.