As someone who adores the original Blade Runner film I have been apprehensive about this sequel ever since it was first announced, and to be honest I am really pleasantly surprised Blade Runner 2049 looks like it could be a great follow up very much in the vain of last years Star Wars reboot The Force Awakens.
What I liked:
- The look. Ah, I am so pleased that they stuck with that misty and grimy neon look that made the first film so beautiful to watch and without that aesthetic it definitely wouldn’t be Blade Runner. Also, I’m loving the contrasts shown in this trailer one moment we are in a very blue saturated frame and then suddenly its juxtaposed with a burning orange frame
- Denis Villeneuve, is fast becoming one of the most talented directors working in Hollywood so I was glad to hear he was taking on the Blade Runner project and with this teaser, he has once again proven that he is a director to trust because this looks stunning and intriguing.
- Harrison Ford as Deckard is back! What does this then mean for the twist ending of the original is he or isn’t he a replicant?????
- Ryan Gosling’s line “Things were simpler then”, What does this mean!!!!???? WTF what has happened in these 30 years between the original and now…the mystery is killing me.
- The music, I loved the originals synth filled soundtrack and it looks like 2049 will definitely follow suit with recreating that now iconic and beautiful soundtrack that again is a massive part of the films aesthetic appeal.
Share your thoughts on the trailer in the comment section!!!
Check out my other film posts here!