Okay, so this was a little unexpected! Thank you, Anna, from Reading Peaches for nominating us for the Liebster Award. It means a lot to be able to participate in something that connects you with so many other fantastic bloggers!!!
As the reader out of Charlotte and I, I’ll be answering Anna’s questions for the Liebster Award.
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs and let them know they’ve been tagged.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
What’s the first book you remember reading?
It’s got to be the classic The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Do you like rereading books?
Depends on the book, I used to reread a few books when I didn’t have many, but now that I have a small library in my home I feel like I don’t have time to reread
What’s your favourite book to movie adaptation?
My favourite book to movies adaptation is probably from the short story Stories of Your Life by Ted Chiang which became Arrival directed by Denis Villeneuve. It’s a fantastic Sci-fi novella in its own right but the movie was just mind-blowingly beautiful.
And what book you wish were adapted into a movie?
I have a few!
- The Lady in the House of Love from Angela Carter’s The Bloody Chamber short story collection and the film would be ideally directed by Guillermo del Toro.
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami but I haven’t decided who should direct it yet as I’m still reading the book.
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang and no one other than Park Chang Wook to direct it.
Have you ever met any of the authors you like?
No, I haven’t but it would be pretty awesome to
Are you the kind of reader who reads with white gloves on so the books won’t get damaged in a slightest?
Nope, I’m someone that likes to preserve books to a certain point as having a few bumps and creases means that the book has been well read.
Who’s your favourite character in HP?
Hmm…this is a little awkward as I haven’t really read or watched Harry Potter. But I’d probably say Hermoine because she’s a girl and she’s a little nerdy right?
If you could have dinner with any dead author, who would it be and why?
Angela Carter or Franz Kafka, both are legends in their own right and it would be fascinating to converse with such masters of literature.
What’s a book you used to love but then your opinion changed dramatically after reading it again a few years later?
This is a hard one, I am someone that either likes something or dislikes something from the beginning and my opinions don’t usually change.
What’s a book everyone loves & you just don’t get the hype?
The Hunger Games, I tried reading the book but I just didn’t get into and I guess the films were alright so I just watched those instead
Did you name your pets after fictional characters, if you have any? Or would you?
I would totally call a pet Indy or Sherlock
We are tagging:
Our Questions to you:
- Where in the world have you always wanted to travel to?
- What is your favourite film & why?
- If you could become a fictional character from a book/film/tv show who would you be?
- Who is your fashion icon?
- What is your Favourite Film score?
- What beauty product would you not be able to survive without?
- What is your life motto?
- What does blogging mean to you?
- If you could change one world event from history what would it be?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- What is your favourite animal?
Okay, so those questions were pretty random…
Once again we would like to thank Anna, from Reading Peaches for our Liebster Award nomination so go check her blog out it’s pretty awesome!!