Okay ever since Alicia Vikander was announced as the next Lara Croft in the impending Tomb Raider Reboot I have been anticpating this movie as she is such an awesome actress, from secondary roles like Kitty in Anna Karenina to amazing performances in Ex Machina and The Danish Girl. So clearly this film is potentially going to be good…or is it?
What I liked:
- Lara Croft is the female Indianna Jones, and seeing as I love that series I have a feeling that this film is going to be awesome. The artifacts and puzzles look interesting and for once in an adventure film it’s not the woman who is just tagging along 😂
- Daniel Wu, he is totally badass in Into The Badlands so it’s awesome to see him on the big screen and no doubt the fight scenes are going to be cool.
- The film looks rather brutal and real, while the premise is based off of a computer game this Tomb Raider reboot doesn’t look cartoony, campy or absolutely proposterous it feels like it could be a realistic (as far as any film can be) action movie.
- Alicia Vikander, of course the interenet is full of naysayers claiming that Vikander is not an appropriate fit for Lara but as someone who has only played one of the games I don’t really have much of an opnion on that. What I do know is that her past as a dancer will probably make her good at stunts (it looks that way in the trailer) and that she is good at making characters shine whatever the role she is in.
- Who/what is trinity, is it some sort of secret organisation that is plotting the end of days? If so thats a very action movie premise.
- What culture and country is this Mother of Death Tomb from..it sounds rather intruiging!
- Who is director Roar Uthaug, and what films has he directed before. I have watched quite a few Scandinanvian films and odly I haven’t come across Uthaug’s name before, I will most defiently be doing a bit of research into his past works to see what to expect from him.
Okay so thats my thoughts on the trailer for the Tomb Raider Film reboot, clearly I’m not terribly familiar with the Tomb Raider franchise having only played one game years ago, but I am rather intruiged by this trailer and the people in the movie so I will be going to see it nonetheless.