This year the Chanel Haute Couture AW17/18 show took place at the Grand Palais in Paris and the set design was utterly gorgeous and whimsical! The Eiffel Tower took centre stage as models adorned in Lagerfeld’s bold designs weaved intricately through the crossroad stage.
Famous faces filled the front rows from Chanel regulars such as Kristen Stewart, Caroline de Maigret and Julianne Moore to Pop stars Katy Perry and Pharrel Williams, filmmaker Sofia Coppola also attended as did style icon and actress Tilda Swinton (Who recently wore a custom-designed Chanel gown in Bong Joon Ho’s film Okja). International faces included Japanese Actress Nana Komatsu (Silence) and Chinese Model Liu Wen.
As always with Chanel Tweed made an appearance on much of the collection, it is the Chanel signature after all. And despite the fashion house being over 100 years old, Chanel is still managing to make Tweed fresh and different with each season and show. In the Chanel Haute Couture AW17/18 show it was all about the silhouettes, dramatic yet wearable shapes dominated the catwalk and the mixture of tweed and leather made for an interesting combination.
My favourite looks:
- Outfit 5 – The romantic sleeves and the flecks of different colours that were weaved into the tweed.
- Outfit 18 – It feels quite 60’s mod
- Outfit 27 – The terracotta coloured skirt again adds to that romantic vibe the collection was giving off in both the clothes and the charming Parisian Garden setting. I love how the cropped tweed jacket also complements the skirt.
- Outfit 40 – Dramatic and classic, it’s one of the classiest dresses that still has a daring side with the ruffles on the sleeves that harmonises with the busily decorated top half and the plain yet classic black bottom half.
- Outfit 51 – Another dramatic all black look, I love the ruffled black dress and how the sparkly netting glistens underneath and on the arms with movement.
Let me know in the comments section what your favourite outfit from the collection is!!
Also check out my other Fashion Week posts here!